Why Knit if You Can Just Buy?
the trouble to knit a sweater when you can just go to the store or online and buy one you like? The truth is you will get something very unique and special when you make it yourself. I know it is a lot of effort you need to put in, and you will also need to add to your skill set at the same time. But- there is nothing like the feeling of something you created and people absolutely love what you made!
What to Knit
What You Need to Know
- Size Matters. The size of the sweater you want to knit (Teddy Bear-Size will take only one skein of wool (1 ball). A large sweater could take 5 or more.
- Softness Factor. Figure out how soft you want the sweater to be - there is a difference in the type of wool you may want to use - go to a yarn store and feel the wools so you can pick the one you would prefer to have next to your skin. Merino wool is lovely but so are other types of wool.
Gather Your Materials
- Knitting needles in various sizes (best to have a set of them so you can try each one out).
- A pattern (one is provided here).
- Skeins of wool as suggested by the pattern.
- Knowledge of how to do basic knitting stitches. I have placed a couple of videos below to help you out.
- Blocked out time to accomplish the task.
Let's Get Started
I know a sweater does not seem that easy - so here are a couple of videos which include patterns to get you going:
I hope you are able to complete a sweater - I know I am still working on mine!
Join our group: http://facebook.com/groups/CopiousCrafts
Follow us on Instagram: http://Instagram.com/CopiousCrafts